WHAT CAUSES LOW SELF-ESTEEM?
HOW CAN EMPOWER THERAPIES HELP?
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOURSELF?
- 1. Get your hope back about recovery being possible by watching some of the movies on this website. Just knowing that there is an answer can help people to have faith and start getting improvements.
- 2. People with low self-esteem are excellent at noticing all the things that they’re not good at and not noticing all the things they are good at. Spend at least five minutes working on each of the following lists and make sure that you have at least ten items (hopefully more!) on each list before you stop:
- a. What do other people like about you?
- b. What do you like about yourself?
- c. What are you are good at?
- d. What achievements have you made in your life?
- e. Which good qualities are part of your personality?
- f. Which aspects of your looks and your body do you think are attractive?
- g. Why should someone want you as a friend?
- h. Why should someone want you as a partner?
- i. Why should someone want you as an employee?
- j. Why should someone want you as a mother/father/daughter/sister… (whichever roles you have)?
- 3. Every time you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts about yourself, immediately make yourself think about positive things from your lists. If you re-route your brain often enough, you can start creating changes to those faulty neural pathways.
- 4. People with low self-esteem are often really bad at receiving compliments. They promptly negate a compliment or don’t believe that the person meant it. Choose to trust that someone only said something nice to you because they genuinely believe it. You wouldn’t throw a gift back at someone – you’d open it and say thank you. Treat compliments as a gift also – smile and say thank you. Then allow yourself to fully register that this person genuinely thinks this way about you. It might be another good thing to add to your list of things that are great about you!
- If these suggestions fix your low self-esteem – FANTASTIC!
- If these very simple interventions are not enough for you, that’s OK. We have a lot of far more comprehensive techniques and education available at The Switch that will allow you to make bigger transformations.
While most of our clients attend The Switch because they are really ill, there are also clients who attend just for life enhancement reasons, and they get HUGE amounts of it as well! This client wondered if maybe she wasn't…
When you are ill for a really long time, it's hard to even remember what life as a healthy person was like. Watch this movie of a group of previous clients having a fun day out with me, to be…
ARE YOU READY TO SWITCH?
40 minute webinar
“First Steps to Recovery”
Sign up for
Disclaimer: We are not medically trained and therefore did not diagnose these clients ourselves. We rely on client information about their diagnosis from their health professionals and we recommend clients to return to their doctors after our treatment to confirm that they no longer have their condition and to be advised about safe weaning from their medication. We cannot guarantee results, as every individual is different, however, we have seen excellent results for the vast majority of our insomnia clients, and have followed them up for a year to confirm that they are maintaining their positive changes. Note – I taught The Lightning Process for 8 years to over 1200 clients with excellent results. Now I teach The Switch instead, and have been really excited by the results that they are achieving.